EO Supported Employment female employee at work
Supported Employers at Employers Overload




Support for individuals with developmental disabilities




Support for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities

Supported Employment for Individuals

We help individuals build a foundation for personal growth through employment

Since 1992, EO Supported Employment has provided individuals in Washington and Oregon meaningful job opportunities with local employers. This is a unique division within the Employers Overload organization.

The mission of our Supported Employment Division is: “To provide an avenue by which individuals utilize and develop their skills and attributes to obtain employment of their choice and move toward self sufficiency and greater independence." The benefits of providing you with opportunities to integrate into organizations through meaningful job placements are significant for you and your future employer.

EO Supported Employment is CARF accredited and is one of the leading providers of Supported Employment in Southwest Washington.

EO Supported Employment Offices

Supported Employment Portland
(503) 619-0588

12540 SW 69th Ave.
Portland, OR 97223

M—F: 8:00am—5:00pm

Supported Employment Vancouver
(360) 735-1290

700 SE Chkalov Dr. Ste. 11
Vancouver, WA 98683

M—F: 8:00am—5:00pm


Benefits to Individuals

With assistance from EO Supported Employment, individuals find their career pathway. Employment gives people the opportunity to become more integrated into the community and increased financial independence. The benefits include a greater sense of achievement, independence, an increased social circle, and a path towards achieving career goals.

Our Process

Initial Assessment

The first step in the process is a meeting with the individual client and their advocates to determine skill levels, preferences, and capabilities.

Resume / Portfolio

We then create personal marketing materials for each individual client that describe their capabilities and preferences, which we use when we present them to possible local employers. This may include a resume and/or portfolio.

Job Development

We consult with employers throughout Oregon and Washington to determine whether they have any jobs or tasks that may be appropriate to suit the individuals we serve. Each clients' scope of job development is tailored to their desired location and area of employment.


Upon starting work, an EO Supported Employment Specialist accompanies the individual to provide one-on-one training until the new employee is independent enough to perform the job responsibilities.

On-Going Support

When needed, we continue to provide support for the individual and the business post-placement.


Clients and employers can access our services on an as needed basis. Our service hours are tailored to fit the needs of our clients and their employers.

Services We Offer:

  • Independent Living Services
  • School Transition Services
  • Discovery and Employment Planning
  • Career Assessment
  • Job Development
  • Job Coaching
  • Long-term Supports

How Our Services Are Funded

Our funding is sourced through Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, Developmental Disabilities Administration / Clark County Department of Community Services and/or a private pay account if other funding sources are unavailable to the participant. Typically participants are referred to us by the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation and the Developmental Disabilities Administration to establish Independent living skills training, transition services, discovery with employment planning, community based assessments, job development, placement and retention services.

Department of Vocational Rehabilitation “DVR” provides short term funding is to establish your employment goals and outcomes. DVR and Employers Overload will help assist you with identifying your strengths and help you meet your future goals. Developmental Disabilities Administration “DDA” provides long term funding services to assist in maintain your goals achieved with DVR and Employers Overload. Finally, there are situations where participants need to have Private Pay funding. If you receive social security your support services could be considered a work-related expense. Employers Overload can help you set up a Plan for Achieving Self Support “PASS” plan or an Impairment Related Work Expenses otherwise known as an IRWE. These can easily be identified in a Benefits Analysis set up with a benefits planner through Employers Overload.

Ready to Start?

Let's Talk.

Thank you! Your message has been sent.

Email Us

Find An Office

Results Near You